One of the most wanted things in video editing, is superb video quality. Today, I’ll be showing you how to render your videos in 1080p HD quality, using a custom rendering template and settings to bring your video quality to it’s max. Also, I’ll be showing you how to change slight settings to help reduce the video file size for a very small and almost insignificant decrease in video quality!
Make sure to follow the easy-to-follow video tutorial embedded below to ensure that you are following the correct procedure to render your video!
- The first step we’re going to take, is to actually make sure that your project is saved as a .veg (Sony Vegas Project) file in case you want to come back and work on your project further, or change anything. To do this, what you need to do is go to the File drop down menu at the top left corner of your screen, and simply click Save As.. . Now, enter a name referring to your project (e.g. – “Visit to the Big Apple”) and click the save button. *
- Now that we’ve backed up our project, we’re going to want to Render it. Now, go to File , Render As. You’ll now see a window pop up with two drop down menus, “Save as Type:” and “Template:” .
- Firstly, lets start with the “Save as Type” drop-down category. Click on the drop-down menu, and select “Windows Media Video V11″ , it should be towards the end of the list.
- Now we’re going to move onto the “Template” drop-down. This section is slightly more complicated, so we’ll split it into more steps, keeping it simple. However, we’re not going to choose a pre-made template, in fact, we’re going to create our own custom 1080p HD template! To do this, we need to click the “Custom” button besides the Template category !
- Once you click Custom, another window will open up. Here, the template is split up into Audio, Video, Bit rate, Index/Summary and Project. We’re going to be going through each of these with custom settings, so make sure you read carefully!
Format: Windows Media Audio
Attributes: 192 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo (A/V) CBR
Format: Windows Media Video
Image Size: Custom – 1920×1080
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.00
Frame Rate (FPS) – 30
Video Smoothness – ~80-100
Internet/Lan: ~ 4M – 8M
(The higher your bit rate, the higher quality your file will be, but also the size of the file increases with bit rate.)
Video Rendering Quality: Best