Sony Vegas is one of the worlds most popular video editing programs renowned for it’s brilliant and yet easy editing tools. However, coming with a steep price tag of $599.95 for the digital download of the newest version of Sony Vegas Pro, users are understandably reluctant to pay the further cost of extra plug-ins to improve their videos. That’s where we come in! In this new series, called Free Vegas Plugins, we’ll be introducing you to some of the best and most useful plug-ins for Vegas that will not cost you a dime!
Today we’re looking at the plug-in Video4YouTube from Vegasaur.com . This plug-in was designed before the release of the newest version of Vegas (Pro 11) . The free plug-in allows you to render your video so that it both saves to your computer when rendering completes, and then automatically begins to upload to YouTube with the login information you provide it. If you’re a Sony Vegas Pro 11 user, this process already sounds familiar to you. That’s because in Pro 11 Sony have built in a feature to allow you to do all of this without an external plug-in by going to File > Upload to YouTube. However, this feature still produces errors for some people, including myself! So the Video4YouTube plug-in allows us to have an alternative to this error, and also works in versions of Sony Vegas 8.0 and upwards.
Now that you’ve heard the amazing introduction, let’s get going.
- Download the plug-in for free at Vegasaur.com .
- Close Sony Vegas before running the installer.
- When the file is downloaded, click run. The installer will open.
- Click next, click “I accept the agreement” and then click next.
- When the installer has completed it will close. (You have now successfully installed the plug-in.)
Using the Video4YouTube Plug-in
- Open Sony Vegas.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Video4YouTube .
- Before opening, the plug-in will ask you to save your project (as a Sony Vegas .veg project file) if you haven’t already done so.
- Now the plug-in window will open. It will look like this.
- The rest is very straight forward. You have the option to select whether you would like to render the entire project or just the part of the project enclosed by the loop region.
- You can then select what resolution and quality you want your video to render in. The resolution can range from 240p up to 1080p. (Remember that if your project is using 720p settings, that’s the highest resolution you can select from the dropdown. To allow for maximum 1080p resolution, you must use 1080p rendering settings.) The quality ranges from Lower, Normal, Higher and then Highest.
- The next option is “Prepare for Internet Streaming” using MP4Box. This option is not essential to uploading to YouTube and should remain unticked.
- The second section of the plug-in then relates to the YouTube details. If you click on “Account” you can enter your YouTube Username and Password and the plug-in even has an option to remember these details which is useful if used frequently.
- Then you fill in your Title, Description and Tags for the video and select the Category of your video and the Privacy setting for your video: Private, Unlisted or Public.
- Once you have all your details filled in, click “Start”. The plug-in will then ask you for a directory to save the final rendered video file. Select the directory and input a name for the video. Then click “Save” and your video will begin to render.
- When the video is finished rendering, it will automatically upload to YouTube using the account details you provided it.
- Upon completion of the upload, the plug-in will ask you if you would like to open the video on YouTube. If you select “Yes”, it will open in your default browser.