Welcome to Free Vegas Plugins, Episode 2! Today we’re going to be looking at a free plug-in for Vegas that can be used in color correcting and also 14 free color correcting presets from Pantarheon.org and 3 other free color correcting presets.
The first color presets we’re going to be looking at are from Pantarheon.org. There are 2 download packs with 7 color presets in each. To download and install the 14 color presets follow these steps:
- First, we need to download the Sony Preset Manager . You can download it for free from sonycreativesoftware.com/download/utilities . Run the download file and install the program following the steps on screen.
- Download the two .zip files (here and here) which each contain 7 Vegas presets. When you download the .zip files, open them using WinRar and double click on the .sfpreset file in the .zip file. The .sfpreset file will automatically open in the Sony Preset Manager.
- When the Preset Manager is open, expand the “FX Chains” folder.
- Highlight all 7 presets listed by clicking and dragging a box around the presets.
- When you have the presets highlighted, click on the “Copy to System” button at the top of the Preset Manager window. This will add the presets into Vegas. Simply re-open Vegas, open the plug-in manager (click on the “View” dropdown at the top of Vegas, and select the Plug-in Manager) and go to Video > FX > Filter Packages. You should find the 14 presets in that folder! Now simply click and drag the presets onto your video clip to use the effect.
The next free download is the AAV Colorlab plug-in.
- Download the AAV Colorlab by going to aav6cc.blogspot.com and going to the downloads page. Select either the 32 bit or 64 bit download, depending on your operating system. You can also download the .pdf read-me file which will guide you through the installation and use of the plug-in.
- Once you have download the .msi file, run it and follow the on-screen instructions to install AAV Colorlab.
- Re-open Vegas and you will find AAV Colorlab under Video FX. If you can’t see it on the Video FX menu in Vegas, open the plug-in manager as we did above and go to Video > FX and AAV Colorlab should be listed at the top of the list.
- Simply click and drag the AAV Colorlab effect onto your video clip to begin using it.
Last, but not least, are the 3 “Vintage Look” color presets.
- These can be downloaded from Eugenia.Queru.com .
- The site has instructions on how to download and install the plug-in , which again will need the Sony Preset Manager.
If you’re looking to add some extra spark into your videos in the form of stock video footage, motion graphics, infographics or transitions then I would recommend checking out Videohive.net which is a marketplace fuelled by creators with a huge range of options. Also, full disclosure, if you follow our link and purchase something we get a commission which helps us out here at ObviouslyTech!